Volunteers are a necessary part of the functioning and development of Villages of Hope. We are in consistent need of people who are willing to volunteer their time and skills in whatever area they can. Whether you are a mentor, a cook, or a handyman, we invite and encourage you to utilize your God-given abilities to serve alongside us in this ministry.
The time you invest volunteering at Villages of Hope will have a lasting impact on the lives of the many children and teens in our care. We are excited to meet members of the community who are willing to support our mission!
3 easy steps to get involved
Read over volunteer opportunities below and fill out volunteer application.
*You must be at least 18 years of age to interact with the youth in our care.*
VILLAGES OF HOPE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Teach an hour-long Life Skills class to the residents of VOH. You may choose a topic from the below list or come up with your own.
- The Life Skills Classes take place from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. every last Wednesday of the month.
- Class size varies, but generally is from 8 to 12 young adults.
- Villages of Hope Campus: 3551 Burma Circle, Lake Park, FL 33403
Sample of General Life Skills Class Topics
- Money Management (Budgeting/Filing Taxes/Debt)
- Daily Living / Home Life
- Social Relationships / Communication
- Work & Study Skills / Work Life / Career Planning
PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT OPPORTUNITIES
If you are a professional with talents and abilities to help the children or professional staff at Villages of Hope, we would love for you to be involved with our ministry. Please consider how you might serve in the following areas:
- Dental – help a young adult by providing routine cleaning and special services
- Medical – help a young adult by providing annual physical exams, special lab work or treatment while ill
- Legal – help our staff review legal documents, formulate contracts, etc.
- Fundraising – lend your expertise to help Villages of Hope successfully raise funds
- Construction – lend your talents and resources to help improve or expand our campus
Please know that every volunteer opportunity – whether direct care or not – supports the youth here and allows us to keep our doors open to the youth who need us. Any type of help we can get is going to help their futures get a little bit brighter.
To learn more or to sign up, please contact: Theresa